Glossary of terms used in this Wiki
- affine as it relates to Jwidfire, the affines are the triangles. The term as it applies to math is well defined here. Math World
- anti-aliasing ine.html
- a method to reduce unwanted visual effects like jaggy edges, which may also occur in flame-fractals
- chaos game
- an often-used algorithm to compute flame-fractals
- short notion of flame-fractal
- a special kind of ifs, invented by Scott Draves with various esthetic improvements in mind
- Iteration means to repeat a process or function.
- iterated function system, a method to describe a certain families of fractals. A flame-fractal, invented by Scott Draves, is a special kind of ifs
- when used in digital image creation noise refers to random variations in brightness and color that can appear in an image. Static on a television image is one example of noise.
- a measurement of number of iterations inside the chaos game producing a visualisation of the flame-fractal. Usually, the higher number of iterations, the higher the visual quality is
- one member-function of the iterated function system. All the transforms together must meat certain conditions in order to form a flame-fractal which is actually visible and visually appealing